faucet lube?

I have a price phister singled handle kitchen faucet, the standard sort of thing, that has a hand sprayer on the side. If I remember correctly there is a sort of grease that plumbers use for sticky parts. I think this faucet needs it because after I use the hand sprayer, the main faucet loses about 50% of it's flow for at least 10 min. And the sprayer won't even get it's flow sometimes. So I think the valve is sticking. I think the valve is on the back when I take the top of the handle off, but the question is, is there a legit substitute lubricant for this like mineral oil or should I buy the real stuff? If I have to buy it it's going to last a loooong time!
Thanks
blarg wrote:

Use some vaseline.. You'll buy a can of plumbers grease and probably never use it again.
blarg wrote:

Silicone grease should be good; I wouldn't use any kind of oil.
Jim
They make faucet lube/plumber's grease in tiny tins. Doesn't cost much and barely any waste.
rik
--

Padded room with a view
RWC3
blarg wrote:

Thanks everyone. If I can find a little tin of the plumbers lube I'll try that first (I think the valve is at the rear, after you take the sleeve off, I've seen it) and if that fails I'll try this dissolver trick.
snipped-for-privacy@worldnet.att.net says...