faucet lube?

I have a price phister singled handle kitchen faucet, the standard sort of thing, that has a hand sprayer on the side. If I remember correctly there is a sort of grease that plumbers use for sticky parts. I think this faucet needs it because after I use the hand sprayer, the main faucet loses about 50% of it's flow for at least 10 min. And the sprayer won't even get it's flow sometimes. So I think the valve is sticking. I think the valve is on the back when I take the top of the handle off, but the question is, is there a legit substitute lubricant for this like mineral oil or should I buy the real stuff? If I have to buy it it's going to last a loooong time!

Thanks

Reply to
blarg

Use some vaseline.. You'll buy a can of plumbers grease and probably never use it again.

Reply to
James Keene

Silicone grease should be good; I wouldn't use any kind of oil.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

They make faucet lube/plumber's grease in tiny tins. Doesn't cost much and barely any waste.

rik

Reply to
RikC

It will last forever and a little tube isn't very expensive ($2-3). However, I don't think that is your problem or that you can even get to this valve to lube it.

I d>

Reply to
George E. Cawthon

Reply to