Faucet leak

My kitchen faucet was leaking so I got a new washer and that stopped the leak but I must be doing something wrong. The faucet handle doesn't have a stop , you can keep turning it around . I have tried tightening the nut but that doesn't seem to help. Sorry if this isn't clear, I've never doen this before. I was so proud of myself for stopping the leak!

Reply to
sue

teshaf

Thanks! It works..again..