Faucet aerator

My water flow from my kitchen faucet seemd slow so I unscrewed the aerator to see if it was plugged. I'm having a lot of trouble reattaching it. It is required, the flow is otherwise very splashy. I can't seem to screw it in properly despite several tries. There seems to a trick to it I'm not familiar with. I've had no problems in the past with other faucets.
Suggestions?
TIA
On 1/22/2016 7:04 AM, KenK wrote:

The aerator has fine-pitch threads. You will need to have it perfectly "square" to engage the threads. If you've already forced it, you've probably cross-threaded it.
Hint: assuming it is nickel plated (or otherwise "nicely finished"), some masking tape wrapped around it can make it easier to handle without marring the finish.
Hint2: you just need to "snug it up", not tighten it aggressively!
KenK wrote:

Sorry, this is laugh of my day this morning.
On Friday, January 22, 2016 at 8:04:49 AM UTC-6, KenK wrote:

Meditation in the Tibetan tradition I think it is. Become one with the problem and view it from within.

For some things, turning the thing counterclockewise, until you feel the click/thump when it goes over the edge of the thread and falls one wavelength, helps to find the right spot to start turning clockwise.
I don't think aerators are one of those things, but it's worth a try.
On 1/22/16 11:58 AM, Micky wrote:

^^^^^^^^ +1 This "trick" has worked for me many times. Especially on fine threads. Really good for any threaded connection. (plus holding it square)
On 1/22/2016 9:04 AM, KenK wrote:

Threads may be buggered up or corroded. I'd toss it and get a new one for $4.

The old one works after fussing with it but it's on cockeyed. As you suggest, I'll be picking up a new one at Walmart when I get groceries there today.
On 1/23/16 1:14 PM, KenK wrote:

Worst case would be that's due to bunged up threads on the spigot, rather than on the aerator
--
A government that does not trust it's law-abiding citizens to keep and
bear arms is itself unworthy of trust.
On 1/23/2016 2:57 PM, Wade Garrett wrote:

1) I don't trust food from Walmart. 1) Bit of grease on the threads often helps.
On 1/23/2016 1:14 PM, KenK wrote:

I don't trust chinese food.