Fatigued washers?

Hi,
Just bought a new saw which we disassembled for shipping.
In putting it back together I observed that the washed are "fatigued". They have the imprints of the spring lock washers in them.
Is it a good idea to replace them or is it actually better to use these "broken in" washers?
Thanks,
Aaron

Replace them if you can find some that are absolutely identical. The imprints show that the lock washers were working. Don't overtorque the bolt/nut system. Careful mechanics use inch-pound torque wrenches to get things uniformly tight to prevent binding or warping housings.
Joe

That's not metal fatigue. The washers just yielded (squished) under pressure. New ones of the same material will do the same thing assuming they are tightened the same. It's not a big deal.