Fastest Way to Remove Old Pine Deck Boards

I am replacing some old 5/4X8" pine deck boards which are nailed to 2X6's. I'd like your favorite methods for doing this, as the time consumed will be largely the removal of the old boards, not the replacement of the new ones. Looking forward to your ideas! Thank you very much for your help! Frank
frank1492 wrote:

i like a 48" gorilla bar
frank1492 wrote:

Cut them with a circular saw parallel to the joists (about 2" away). You should then be able to pull them up easily by hand. I do this between every joist, it is a few minutes of cutting that makes pulling them up much easier/quicker.

I like old lumber, so I'd go for a nail puller. I have a punch for those that won't pull.
If the lumber was really not worth saving-- or if I was in a hurry- I'd use my reciprocating saw to cut them all off just to the left of each 2x6 and pull them by hand. [I'm left handed-- maybe the right side works better for some folks.]
Jim

http://www.mcfeelys.com//product.asp?pid W-0001
decking removal tool
dickm