fasten sink to a 2" tile counter

I am trying to fasten the sink to a 2" granite tile counter. I have a 3/4" plywood, one 1/2" and one 1/4" hardiback under the granite tiles. All 4 layers have the same size opening. So the opening is 2" thick.
Now the fasteners that come with the sinks are designed for 1" or less thick counters. I can't seem to fasten the sink to the counter. Is there a way around this? I can't find longer fasteners for the sink.
Now if I do this again, I would cut the granite tiles 1/2" less so fasteners can attach to them at the edge.
Robert Allison wrote:

Thanks. The problem is there is not many plumbing stores around for non contractors. I guess I have to check the yellow pages. There are a lot of HomeDepos and Lowes open during the evening/weekend.
Visiting construction sites from time to time will allow you to build up an invaluable inventory of nails, many of which are ideally suited to a job such as this.
a guest wrote:

You can find sink clips for just about any thickness. I found some for a concrete countertop that was 3" thick. You have to go to a real plumbing supply, not home despot.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.
a guest wrote:

(rabbet) into the lowest layer of supporting material with a router to allow the existing clips to fit. This will weaken the mounting just a bit but since a top-mount sinks will be pretty well glued into place by the caulking that shouldn't be too much of a problem.
Actually I'm surprised that there is a problem though -- the coutertops I built have 3/4" ply sandwiched with 1/2" ply sandwiched with backerboard and then covered with ceramic tile and the standard clips that came with the Koehler cast iron sink fit with no problem.
--
John McGaw
[Knoxville, TN, USA]

Try going the Ace hardware. I found some different size ones there when I increased the tile counter thickness for a bathroom, when I added tiles to a laminated counter-top - but kept the sink.