Faraday cages

Someone out in the ether has been spoofing me. No worries, s/he is actually funnier than I am. Making me look good.

. Christ>

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

First question is -- are you trying to keep the RF in question inside or the outside stuff from getting in? It also helps to know the frequency.

Tomsic

Reply to
Tomsic

Keeping out. Every few days, is the frequency.

The CIA has been vibrating me, and making me insane. Which is why I keep eating the purple spots on my nose.

. Christ>

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

Reply to
krw

Stay away from the Navy Yard

Reply to
gfretwell

HA Ha he he F u n n y

Tony944

Reply to
hrhofmann

roof are tin. How much foil do I need inside on the floors/walls & ceilings in order to get a true Faraday cage? . Christopher A. Young Learn about Je sus

.

The scary part is the Navy Yard shooter talked about ELF (extremely low fre quencies) but those waves are difficult to launch unles you have huge anten nas, hundreds of feet in length. I assume Normin is trolling, or he would have given us enuf information to give him some really practical advice.

No one mentioned aluminum-clad sheetrock for wall panels. We have used tha t in some special installations where the transmitters on trains coming int o the switching yard were causing interference to colocated telephone equip ment, Sealed the seams of the sheet rock with 4" wide copper tape that had conductive adhesive to hold it in place. Worked like a charm. But those frequencies were in the MHZ range, not ELF. Conductive paint will give so me attenuation, but as soon as there is a seam or any break in the paint su rface, you lose most of the shielding effectiveness. As an EMC engineer f or 35+ years at Bell Labs and past president of the IEEE EMC Society, I hav e seen just about anything (and everything) people have proposed to block r adio waves. Solid metal surfaces with no break or seams is best, but at lo w frequencies, you also need something that is a magnetic material like iro n or steel or some exotic metal like mumetal to block radio waves.

Reply to
hrhofmann

My spoof is starting things on my behalf.

I'm responding with humor.

. Christ> >> I want to turn my trailer into a large Faraday cage. The outside walls & roof are tin. How much foil do I need inside on the floors/walls & ceilings in order to get a true Faraday cage? . Christopher A. Young Learn about Jesus

.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Radio waves are effectively blocked with the cage, if it's solid. I got some buildings built with aluminum backed drywall. At least I informed some people that the local tv tower created problems, which was about 500 feet away. The building engineers specified the details. Metal studs were also used to tie them together. It was only partially effective for the rooms around the perimeter of the 13 story building. Windows and doorways allowed penetration. The interior rooms were pretty good. The channel 13 PBS station later converted to digital, and interference was minimal. There were still tons of other services on the tower. Most of the faraday cages I worked with, were mainly for 60 hz electrostatic noise. A motorized device, or other high current device, still penetrates the cage with magnetics.

That aluminum drywall would be pretty good for moisture control.

Greg

Reply to
gregz

All those people in uniforms. Scares me, just like the mail man.

. Christ> >

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Steal your neighbors steel garbage cans and put your junk in them.

Reply to
Thomas

That won't help with the CIA vibrating me. Hey! Now I know... you work for the CIA and you're out to get me?

. Christ> >> I want to turn my trailer into a large Faraday cage.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Navy yard shooter should be hang by his balls never mine low frequency that is lot of bull shit

[...]

NO but my uncle "Martian" will get you!

Reply to
Tony944