Fantech dryer booster

Anyone have any long term experience with the Fantech dryer booster fan? I am considering installing one, but have concerns about long term lint build up in the fan. My dryer is in the center of the house and vented thru the roof, ~ 25' run. In my old house a normal load would dry in a

60 min cycle, now it takes about 90 min.
Reply to
kmy

K > Anyone have any long term experience with the Fantech dryer booster fan? I K > am considering installing one, but have concerns about long term lint K > build up in the fan. My dryer is in the center of the house and vented K > thru the roof, ~ 25' run. In my old house a normal load would dry in a K > 60 min cycle, now it takes about 90 min.

Didn't see any responses as of the time I'm this. I'm thinking the dryer vent booster fan wouldn't be a bad thing in your situation, especially as you know the dryer is taking a half-hour longer to dry in this house compared to the old house. I presume you have made certain during the move lint didn't get knocked loose in the dryer itself and the vent pipe in the new (current) house is clear.

I would definately make an easy-to-remove section to get to the fan for at least yearly removal of dust on the fan. Might use a shop-vac to clean out the ductwork.

  • I've heard about the element of Surprise couldn't find on my Periodic Table.
Reply to
barry martin

Have you checked the vent line for kinks or blockage? Does the roof vent open freely? Good luck. Data Duck

Reply to
DataDuck

DataDuck wrote: : Have you checked the vent line for kinks or blockage? Does the roof vent : open freely? Good luck. : Data Duck

I've checked the line for lint buildup and any other type obstructions. I am just trying to find some opinions on how well this fan works.

Reply to
kmy