Fan motor

Need to replace an Uppco, Inc 079272 motor/fan in my window exhaust unit.

The motor/coil is 2x3x3 with two screws for mounting to a bracket and a two prong plug on a short line cord. The shaft is 2-3/4" and is attached to a fan with five

3-1/2" radius blades.

I have googled my butt off and have come up empty.

Any help will be appreciated.

Dick

Reply to
Dick Adams

Try these guys

do carry some uppco motors and fans. Click on motor kits and they have a photo that is about what you describe.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Have you tried

?

They have about a zillion replacement motors.

HTH,

Paul F.

Reply to
Paul Franklin

Bingo! I will call them in the morning to order one.

Thank you very much.

Dick

Reply to
Dick Adams

If it's just a window exhaust fan, I 'spect everyone and they uncle will suggest you just buy a new unit.

Add me to such masses.

But if you really need to replace only the motor, off the top my head, try

If you can't find it there, call their 1 800 number and describe what you need.

Peetie

Reply to
Peetie Wheatstraw

If the fan still hums, take it apart and clean it out with solvent, and then re-oil it. Many times, fans can be saved.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

On 3/26/2009 8:24 AM Stormin Mormon spake thus:

That would be my first impulse as well.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

The baards hath sung unto the fields and the trees..... "Why do fan motors hum?"

Reply to
Stormin Mormon