fan light bulbs hard to r

John:

J > I have a ceiling fan with a light kit (Casablanca) and the light bulbs are J > very hard to remove. Standard base, small globe bulb. I've been using GE J > brand bulbs. The last time it was so hard to unscrew that I actually twiste

J > the bulb socket right out, and they are about impossible to reassemble due J > to the location of the locknut. Since the wiring at the bulb sockets was J > hard as a rock, I replaced the light kit with a Hunter that was identical. J > Since the bulbs were still very difficult to remove, I looked at the bulbs J > themselves, and they appear to have a rough surface on the threads, I J > suppose to keep them from vibrating out by themselves. My wife doesn't dare J > change a bulb for fear it will break in her hand before coming out. I've J > tried installing them loosely, but don't want to cause an arc situation, J > either. J > J > So I'm looking for any suggestions on how other people have dealt with this

Art's suggestion may work. Haven't had the light bulb problem; know at least one of the fans around here is Casablanca and at least one is Hunter. I had a problem with the soldering iron tip freezing in the iron -- finally tried using heat sink compound and the replacement tips now come out without ruining the iron. Use a thin layer and wash hands thoroughly afterwards -- the jar I have states is toxic.

  • No evil sex at noon; taxes live on. (Palindrome)
Reply to
barry martin