FakeTV FTV-10 Burglar Deterrent

Page 1 of 2
Cute device to fool burglars and snoops into believing someone is home without using a lot of power and wearing out your TV. ^_^
(Amazon.com product link shortened))468351395&hvpos=1t1&hvexid=&hvnetw=s&hvrand913430451184447984&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_7tf5ejr7hq_b
http://tinyurl.com/ae7ynoo
TDD

> 19913430451184447984&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=b&ref=pd_sl_7tf5ejr7hq_b

We have had one of those for several years and they work great. In fact, sometimes when we tell people where we were last week they say whomever was watching the house was also watching TeeVee.
Don
On 3/10/2013 12:10 AM, IGot2P wrote:

I should have posted the manufacturer's site. There is a new improved model now. ^_^
http://www.faketv.com/
TDD
On Mar 10, 6:44 am, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-du...@stinky- finger.net> wrote:

5ejr7hq_b

,

Is it true then that 2% of houses in the US are broken in to?
harry used improper usenet message composition style by unnecessarily full-quoting:

In spite of the fact that there's supposedly a gun in about half of all US homes - which is supposed to act as a deterrent against this sort of crime?
Or is it that the theft of firearms from homes actually *causes* an increase in home burglary?
In wrote:

If there are guns in 50% of the homes and only 2% are broken into, what's the "in spite of" that you're talking about?

Do you believe that guns emit some sort of mystic aura that either repels or attacts criminals?
Otherwise, what's your point?
--
snipped-for-privacy@iphouse.com St. Paul, MN

On 3/10/2013 10:44 AM, Bert wrote:

Don't you know about "Gun Cooties"? o_O
TDD

A gun will only stop a burglar if the owner is home to use it. Burglars are cowards that break in when there is nobody home to stop them.

Firearms are just one the the things they can take to sell for quick cash along with jewelry and electronics. If they just wanted a gun to pull off a robbery they could more easily get it from one of their criminal friends.
On 3/10/2013 1:01 PM, Jeff wrote:

I darn near killed a burglar with my bare hands after I came upon him in my office/warehouse when he made the mistake of throwing a brick at my face which I dodged then stomped him until he quit twitching. I thought the vermin was dead but he came to when I started to drag his corpse out to my truck to find a distant dumpster to deposit it in. It shook me up that I almost killed a man by reflex so I bought a big pepper spray canister and started bathing burglars and trespassers with it after that. o_O
TDD
On Mar 12, 8:07 am, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-du...@stinky- finger.net> wrote:

ars are

sh

l off a

s.

So, how many burglaries have you experienced Duf? I don't even know anyone who has been burgled.
On 3/12/2013 2:19 AM, harry wrote:

Several, it never turned out good for the burglar when I caught him. No, I haven't shot anyone with bullets just fists, feet and pepper spray. ^_^
TDD

# # So, how many burglaries have you experienced Duf? # I don't even know anyone who has been burgled. #
Well that should be no surprise considering all the other things you know nothing about...

Be aware that pepper spray (capsicum) is not effective on all individuals, including those intoxicated with alcohol. Spraying such individuals will at best serve as a minor distraction, and will at worse result in your being incapacitated by your own spray.
There is a reason that most in law enforcement have moved on to using electro-neural disruption technology (Taser) as their primary means of "less than lethal" force.
Jon
I prefer to confront my burglars, and now don't get upset, I usually shoot them in the legs, or at least I try to...
we need to practice once in a while anyway, don't we?
marc
On 3/12/2013 11:15 AM, Jon Danniken wrote:

Did I write that pepper spray was the only inconvenience the burglars suffered from? In combination with a club, the spray is quite effective. ^_^
TDD

I bet you duct taped the pepper spray to the club, didn't you? ;p
Jon
On 3/12/2013 12:31 PM, Jon Danniken wrote:

Believe it or not, I don't like to hurt people. When I studied martial arts, I hurt fellow students by accident and it bothered me, I didn't know my own strength. o_O
TDD
On Sunday 10 March 2013 06:44 The Daring Dufas wrote in alt.home.repair:

That's a really neat idea! Think I might get one...

On 03/10/2013 12:45 AM, Tim Watts wrote:

It is indeed a fantastic idea, something so incredibly basic and simple it leads us to wonder why we didn't come up with the idea ourselves! Well priced, too.
Jon

If the new model is actually three (3) times brighter it is simply too bright in my opinion. Ours is set approximately twenty-five (25) feet from the windows and from the outside it looks exactly like a TeeVee is on.
Don