fake screws in shower drain: how to snake it!?

El-cheapo all-in-one-piece shower ("box"/cubicle, floor, door, etc)
Got screwdriver to undo the drain-cover -- way too shallow for my (actually, *any*) screwdriver; seems that it's yet another el-fako (like that bathroom air-vent/blower I mentioned once, that simply blew it right back out into the room!).
That is, those indentations that *looked* like the heads of screws, wereen't. Were simply indentations!
How to snake it?
Thanks,
David
David Combs wrote:

Plunger instead? Run water so there is 1/2" or so on the bottom, then plunge violently.
Also works sometimes: ShopVac hose sealed to the drain opening.
Jim

Yep, good idea to try.
However, that might not work if there's a bunch of (long) hair that's gotten stuck in the drain.
What then?
David