fake screws in shower drain: how to snake it!?

El-cheapo all-in-one-piece shower ("box"/cubicle, floor, door, etc)

Got screwdriver to undo the drain-cover -- way too shallow for my (actually, *any*) screwdriver; seems that it's yet another el-fako (like that bathroom air-vent/blower I mentioned once, that simply blew it right back out into the room!).

That is, those indentations that *looked* like the heads of screws, wereen't. Were simply indentations!

How to snake it?

Thanks,

David

Reply to
David Combs

Plunger instead? Run water so there is 1/2" or so on the bottom, then plunge violently.

Also works sometimes: ShopVac hose sealed to the drain opening.

Jim

Reply to
Speedy Jim

Yep, good idea to try.

However, that might not work if there's a bunch of (long) hair that's gotten stuck in the drain.

What then?

David

Reply to
David Combs