Fake cold air return

And what about the southern hemisphere? Do return air vents circle to the left?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

hased has fake cold air returns. Vents are there (high on walls) but at flo or level they are sealed shut with wood. Wondering if this has happened to anyone else and if inspection/old owners should have discovered/disclosed i nformation. Essentially, the second floor of our house has no AC. No issue with first floor/basement.

This is without regard to whether the basement is finished living space or not? If it's an uninsulated, unfinished basement, this would seem to be a significant source of energy waste. NYC area here and my basement is 55 in winter and I don't want to be paying to heat it. This must be a regional thing, because I've never seen it here.

Reply to
trader_4