Facet leak....to no pressure?!!?

HI!

I had a dripping bathroom faucet, so I googled, found some tips, so here's what I did....

The drip came from the hot side, so I shut off the hot valve underneath the sink. Then I replaced the stem unit with a new one from Home Depot. When I turned the valve on, and tried it, it spattered a little, and then went to a VERY small flow. The cold side now does the same thing, and I haven't even touched the cold valve! Also, when I turn the faucet off, it not only leaks, but has the same small flow. I tried to reverse the stem, thinking I put it in wrong, but that made it worse. Now I have both valves shut off. Can anyone help please?

Thanks!

Reply to
lhfreak

tony

Don't you think more people would help if you say what kind of faucet you're messing with? Unless it's a secret...

A wild guess: wrong stem - Another wild guess: you dropped the old rubber thingy inside the faucet.

Reply to
Carpenter