Eye screw coming out on gate baby is shaking

Hello, I have an eye screw on a gate that is containing my one-year old in the living room. The problem is that the baby keeps shaking the gate and the hole is getting bigger and bigger in the wall, which makes the eye screw loose. Is there a way to shore up the hole? I am sure most fathers have had this problem.
On 9 May 2004 00:25:46 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@cs.com (Sennin) wrote:

Shaking baby syndrome?
Enter the kid in a dance contest, and problem solved !!!!
You can always put the eye screw into a stud, and not just plaster.

ideally you place screws into studs not just the dry wall.
http://www.kinter.com/anch_f.htm check the zip it anchors
These will eventually pull out as well as anything else will unless you hit a stud. Baby is or will be stronger than the installation soon.

Thanks. I am into the stud. and the hole just keeps getting bigger and bigger. What do you think of that wood paste? Think that would buy me some time?
Sennin wrote:

Use epoxy. Dip the screw in it and put it back. Tony
On 9 May 2004 15:24:01 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@cs.com (Sennin) wrote:

Why dont you go to a hardware store, spent 25 cents, and just get a longer eye screw. If it's in the stud, it's barely in. You probably got a 3/4" eye, and 1/2" sheetrock. You are barely into the stud. Buy yourself a 2" or 2 1/2" eye screw. (unless baby isnt worth the sizable amount of 25 cents.)
I'm with the ohter guy -- longer eyescrew. I've also heard of pushing part of a tooth pick into the hole to tighten things up. But the longer screw is a better answer.
--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Both" is the best answer here.
Dip toothpicks into some glue, and jam/tap them into the hole. Break off the toothpicks after it's dried, then redrill (if necessary) for a longer eye screw.
--
Chris Lewis, Una confibula non set est
Sennin: