extrol tank

How do I know if my extrol tank is working correctley? I get a loud bang after the pump kicks in most of the time the pump kicks in about 20 lbs . I lwered it from 30 to see if it was having trouble over comming the tank presseure hence the loud bang, But i still get the bang. would a bad extrol tank cause this? and how would I know if the tank is good or not?
"SP" <me> wrote in message

Are you sure the noise is coming from the tank? What you describe sounds like an "air hammer". You may have air in your water lines. I have never experienced that problem with my system so I can't answer from a position of knowing for sure. Does your system lose pressure over time even if no water is used? Does it take an inordinately long time to get from cut in to cut out?
Dave D

No the noise is not comming from the tank. And im not sure if its water hammer. It could be air in the lines, But how would that cause the banging? the s?ystem does not lose pressure if no water is being used it stays constant. when the pressure swith kicks in the tank fill quite fast about 6 seconds or so. does that help