Extracting video from VHS recorde

Hi, I've got an old knackered VHS recorder that has a tape stuck in it and I was wondering if there's any trick to getting it back out without applying electricity or whether I have to dismantle it completely. It's a real cheapy so I can't really give any more info about make and model apart from it is an Osaki.

TIA for any advice :)

Reply to
Synaptic Flo

I usualy get best results throwing from a 3rd story window

Reply to
mark Ransley

Hmm. only go one storey hear, but do have a car, maybe run it over a few times :)

Reply to
Synaptic Flo

stuck in it and I

without applying

a real cheapy

from it is

Take a few screws off, and perhaps push a gear around to reject the tape. It's not a big deal.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Try this site. Very informative on this topic.

lnbn1975

Either one of those could work, but it's usually just a matter of 4 or 5 screws to get the top cover off, and from there you have access to the tape compatment in most units. Some of the key 4 or 5 screws may be hidden under the rubber feet on the bottom.

Reply to
I-zheet M'drurz

Thanks, I'll have a look through see if this can help, even if it doesn't it looks a very useful documant for other repairs!

Reply to
Synaptic Flo