external masonry/stone sealant?

Not a home, a commercial property.
Looking into this for a bud of mine.
Stone front, perhaps in need of some pointing. It will get some pointing, but, the stone itself looks to have a clear coat already on it. It's shiny...
So, besides a good powerwash and repoint, what materials are there that are second to none at waterproofing that facade? DuPont had some stuff a casual observance displayed.
Just hoping to get advice. Budget is not a big consideration, and I am sure that if no replies come the local HD or Lowes will have something to load up on that will do the trick.
Just wondering if those that read this know any more....
Color me curious...

Thomsons water seal has always worked well for me. It has to be reapplied every 9 months to 1 year. but the water beads up and does not penetrate if the surface is sound.
ng_reader wrote:

Check out http://www.seal-krete.com /
--

dadiOH

I'd possibly look at KureNSeal, which is used for concrete, like stamped patios. But, I have never seen anyone seal a front, vertical surface.