Exterior Stucco Paint

I wanted to follow up on a posting I saw.

What is best for exterior stucco ? Flat or low sheen paint ?

Thank you, Ayesha Hill

Reply to
ayeshahill

Cold climate? Warm? Stucco on concrete block? In Florida, where most construction is concrete block with stucco, acryllic semi-gloss is preferred. Water based for better adhesion on masonry, and semi-gloss to resist mildew better - stuff doesn't stick to it as easily. Also standard practice to apply mildewcide and pressure wash 2-3 days before priming and painting to remove spores, mildew and paint chalk. All paint degrades (forms chalk) to some extent, and heavy coat of chalk will interfere with adhesion. If you rub your finger on the siding, it probably will come away with some color from old paint.

Reply to
Norminn

If you go online, pick your favorite brand of paint. Paint co.'s have lots of useful tips, problem solvers, etc.

Reply to
Norminn