Exterior Stairs

Looking to build a set of open stairs leading up to a deck constructed atop my garage. Deck is about 6 ft above grade; stairs sit on a C-slab poured adjacent to side of garage. As the deck is Duradek with a drip edge about the periphery of deck, the only means of fixing the stairs to the house is to put a series of lag bolts through the side of the stair top, through the vinyl siding and into the house.

The existing stairs are 2 x 10/2 x 6 construction (spruce/fir?) with treated 4 x 4 posts. Thinking of a series of 3 x 2x12 carriages and 1

1/16 x 11 1/2 OSB treads, all from spruce, maintaining the treated 4 x 4 posts. Looking for an opinion on these building materials as opposed to others. I'd look to a serious paint covering of the softwood as opposed to the treated stairs.
Reply to
Monroe