Exterior painting after rain

I have a project house that has had the windows cleaned and ready for priming. Currently my local forecast is predicting rain. I don't think I can get the priming on before it rains.
How long should I give the wood time to dry before I start to paint?
Thanks,
When its dry, look at your concrete see when that has dried, it is a good indication that things are drying out.
On 5 Nov 2003 06:40:28 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (txoutdoors) wrote:

I wait for at least 5 days of no rain, particulary for bare wood. Our humidity is rather high and it takes a long time to dry out.