Exterior painting after rain

I have a project house that has had the windows cleaned and ready for priming. Currently my local forecast is predicting rain. I don't think I can get the priming on before it rains.

How long should I give the wood time to dry before I start to paint?

Thanks,

Reply to
txoutdoors

When its dry, look at your concrete see when that has dried, it is a good indication that things are drying out.

Reply to
mark Ransley

I wait for at least 5 days of no rain, particulary for bare wood. Our humidity is rather high and it takes a long time to dry out.

Reply to
Phisherman