Exterior paint used in interior

When I went through the paint left by the previous owner, I found a couple cans of "weatherbeater" exterior flat paint that matched one of the bedroom walls. I am pretty sure that was what they used to paint the room.
While it's nice to have a weatherproof effect and one coat coverage etc, is there any issues using exterior paint inside the house? The only thing I would be concerned is the mildewcide that is used in some of the exterior paints. Does that stuff spread around in the air or it just means it's not a good idea to eat your food off the walls? <g>
Would it be sufficient to cover it with a interior paint if I choose to repaint the room?

I've read that exterior paint should be used in a well ventilated area - like the exterior of your house.

Years ago that made a lot of sense with the oil and lead based paints. Today they are different. Exterior paint often has UV inhibitors and additives to keep it more flexible, but can still be used indoors.
wrote in message

It's *still* a good idea. Those "additives" are chemicals.
Is there a phone number to call with questions on the paint can? I'd try calling it. If there isn't you might want to try calling Behr as if it were their paint. I called them once and they had smart people answering the phone.

Art wrote:

I'd be interested in what they say too. I have NEVER seen a can of interior OR exterior paint with any kind of notice to NOT use it in the opposite environment. I cross-use them all the time, depending on where I'm painting, mostly shop, garage, porches inside & out, stuff like that. Obviously there are differences, but they're no big deal re health, I'm sure.
Pop
--
---
No, I won't get dressed.