Exterior Outlet Question

I have an electrical outlet mounted outside the back door of my house and its mounted in a horizontal position. The buyer wants it fastened to the structure in a more secure manner but I see no way of doing this without tearing some of the siding off and installing a brace of some sort. My question is: is the way its mounted to code? ie. just fastened to the siding and wallboard?
On 9 Dec 2003 05:30:01 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (FlagshipOne) wrote:

It should not be loose. The orientation of the outlet does not matter. Turn off the circuit before messing with it. Buy a new cover and install it to make the buyer happy. The GE Silicone is good stuff.