Exterior filler for nail holes

What are you guys using for exterior filler on nail holes? I've been trying to use the DryDex stuff, but if I don't get to priming the holes in a suitable timeframe, the spackle seems to melts when it rains. Thanks.

I use paint-able white silicone seal.

Dynamic Dynapatch (from www.getpainting.com) works in this environment. You can make your own trials of the various fillers available locally.
--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs

Durham's Water putty works for me. Has to be mixed like plaster, but not affected by rain. A setting type drywall compound would probably work pretty well.
Joe
On 9/8/2008 5:36 AM JohnnyC spake thus:

Crawford's painter's putty. Easy to use, lasts forever, comes in a can, dries hard and sticks well, and is all-natural to boot. Available at better building supply places everywhere.
Lead putty

On 9/8/2008 2:38 PM Old and Grunpy spake thus:

Yeah, right.

--
A: Top posting.
Q: What\'s the most annoying thing seen on Usenet?