Exterior filler for nail holes

What are you guys using for exterior filler on nail holes? I've been trying to use the DryDex stuff, but if I don't get to priming the holes in a suitable timeframe, the spackle seems to melts when it rains. Thanks.

Reply to
JohnnyC

I use paint-able white silicone seal.

Reply to
Eric in North TX

Dynamic Dynapatch (from

works in this environment. You can make your own trials of the various fillers available locally.

Reply to
Don Phillipson

Durham's Water putty works for me. Has to be mixed like plaster, but not affected by rain. A setting type drywall compound would probably work pretty well.

Joe

Reply to
Joe

On 9/8/2008 5:36 AM JohnnyC spake thus:

Crawford's painter's putty. Easy to use, lasts forever, comes in a can, dries hard and sticks well, and is all-natural to boot. Available at better building supply places everywhere.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

Lead putty

Reply to
Old and Grunpy

On 9/8/2008 2:38 PM Old and Grunpy spake thus:

Yeah, right.

Reply to
David Nebenzahl

EXTERIOR Spackle "