Exterior door for Bilco entrance....

Was thinking about installing a pre-hung exterior door where our Bilco steps enter our basement. Currently have an old-style tongue and groove Z-brace door that leaks like a sieve! The rough opening is perfect for a stock size door (36x80). I was thinking a steel insulated door, but maybe wood might be the way to go (I assume the Bilco traps a fair amount of heat in the summer, enough to buckle the thin steel lining on the door), if I can find a decent wood door at a decent price (I assume solid wood doors dont come cheap!)
My question is about the threshold. Since it will be a metal threshold resting on concrete, I assume it will transfer an awful lot of cold thru the metal. The cold in itself isnt a huge issue, but I also assume it will start condensing on the warm side. What would be a good way to try and isolate the threshold from the concrete? Can I just use the foam strips that go between the wall sill plates and the foundation?
I also wanted to see the threshold to the concrete for air infiltration reasons........I was going to use an epoxy caulk, does that sound correct?
Thanks in advance! -Chris

No, it won't. It is physically impossible to transmit cold. You cannot make cold either.

Yes.
Or you can use a urethane adhesive.
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

I have an exterior steel door at the bottom of my Bilco steps. I just stuffed fiberglass insulation under the aluminum threshhold. I never noticed any condensation on the aluminum or steel, but I rarely use that door.
--
Bill
in Hamptonburgh, NY