Exterior cedar siding

We have a stain on our present siding. Is there anything to strip the stain away completely to go back to a natural stain?
If you strip it I dought if it will look good cedar ages, I have cedar, after a time cedar needs solid stain or a dark transparent, cedar darkens with age.
And it not only darkens, it darkens "ugly". Looks like half of every shake or shingle is streaky black and moldy.