Extension Cord Repair Problem

I was repairing an extension cord tonight and I think I made a mistake.
I had to replace both ends because the cord was cut near the plug and the receptacle was cracked. Unfortunately, I neglected to mark which end was which before I cut off the ends.
I took a guess and put the plug on the left end and the receptacle on the right.
When I tested it, it seemed to take a long time for the electricity to travel the length of the cord, so I'm assuming I put the plug and socket on the wrong ends.
Will the electrons in the wire eventually turn around so the electricity flows faster or should I reverse the ends before using it?
Thanks!

Geez, just go to Big Lots and get them off the shelf. DIY has its limits.
DerbyDad03 wrote:

You have to match the color of the electrons to the color of the wire. If you force white electrons into the black wire they have to migrate across to the white wire and vice versa. Whatever you do, never try to force black electrons into the green wire, they'll become horribly ill and there will be a violent reaction. The friction caused by forcing black and white electrons together is bad enough but forcing the black electrons into the green wire will lead to an explosive situation.
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Excellent response to a very perplexing problem:-))
Lou

PLONK...
Erik
Erik wrote:

Uhh Erik Maybe you should lighten up just a little. Or buy some brains. The piece was obvious humor and has already generated some fun responses.
Lou

You must be using this on DC current...it's used to going in the opposite direction! bob_v
The problem is that you were holding the tester higher than the electrical socket. It takes so, so much longer for the cord to fill with electricity, if it has to flow up hill. Try plugging in the plug end, and then lay on the floor and test the socket end lower than the plug end.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Plug the cord in a south facing receptacle, obviously you are using a north facing receptacle.

Are you above the equator or below it. Makes a difference you know. What you need is a box of Tracer electrons. Based on the concept of tracer bullets. Not available at the Borg. Good electrical supply house is where you need to go. They should come with a pair of those special plastic colored glasses.

re: plastic colored glasses
What color is plastic?
DerbyDad03 wrote:

Inquiring minds(?) want to know.

42
No, silly. That's the answer to life, the universe, and everything.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

What do you get when you multiply six by nine?

Six what by nine what? Giraffes and hectoliters? Think that results in fortnights per light year. Just an approximation though.
Your answer was better.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Excel's Interior.ColorIndex value of 42 is a nasty looking blueish- green.
Run this macro:
Sub UglyColor() [A1].Interior.ColorIndex = 42 End Sub