extending electric box / ballast questions

All-
1) I am putting pegboard on the wall, and will be putting 1/4" strips on the wall as spacers. The area includes one outlet, and I would like to keep this flush with the new pegboard. Are there extenders I can buy at the big box stores that would keep the wiring inside the box up to the surface of the pegboard?
2) Are there ballasts for flourescent lighting that do not hum? I know I read there are but can't remember the specs? I am using 8' bulbs in a workshop.
thanks all
Yes, there are extension sleeves for the outlets and you can get an electronic ballast for a 2- F296 T 12 fixture, which won't hum

Chris Carruth wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Chris Carruth posted for all of us...

Google Search = http://www.google.com/search?q=electrical+box+extender