Ext Windows - Caulk or paint first?

Hello
Looking for advice. I have scrapped my exterior wood trim on windows almost down to bare wood. Now ready to refinish/paint. Do I want to caulk the seams and gaps in the trim before I paint, after I prime, or after I paint everything? ANY HELP/OPINIONS APPRECIATED. Thanks
John
John W wrote:

Many years ago, I worked a temp job caulking windows and seams for a new apartment complex. We caulked first and then painted. Over the years, I have done both with mixed results - neither of which were bad.

John W wrote:

If you prime first, then caulk, the voids will be much easier to see and therefore fill. But that is only for ease. It doesn't really make a difference except that you want to caulk before final coat.
--
Robert Allison
Rimshot, Inc.

If you're married, you'd better caulk first....so everything "matches" when you're done...

I always prime first (unless there are some large voids), then caulk and then the finish coat(s).
I was told by an older pro painter that the primer may help seal weathered wood and allow the caulk to adhere better.
For sure I know that it is easier to wipe any excess off of primed wood than it is to wipe it off bare wood.
Colbyt

My windows have white trim that caulk turns greyish after a year or two. It seems better to caulk first and paint over.