exposed overhead duct, air deflector?

perhaps just remove the present deflector and evaluate the air flow.

Reply to
buffalobill

Go to your local home improvement store. You can probably find a vent that does what you want for $10. Then you can swap it out for the one you don't like.

Reply to
Kyle Boatright

They will have what you need. Check out the movable vane ones

FYI, trying to shoot the air any distance, more than a few feet is a waste of time with the volume and pressure of all the residential systems I have seen.

Wiring a register up to the duct is really a waste of effort in most situations.

Reply to
SQLit

Deflect-o Corp. in Indianapolis IN

makes a line of adjustable plastic deflectors with magnets. A lot of places sell them. Just Google the word Deflect-o.

Reply to
Bob

LOL

I know they make a real product, but it still sounds like one of Wile E Coyote's supply companies.

;-]

Reply to
Dr. Hardcrab

Our apartment is the factory type with exposed overhead ducts. It's possible to adjust the vents to send heat to the right or the left but I'd like the heat to come forward into the room. Is there an air deflector for an overhead vent? My only other option then is to buy one of those floor air deflectors and kind of wire it to the duct.

Reply to
blue-bowling

Sure better than Defect-o. And ... they've worked great for me for many years.

barry