Exposed ceilings.

I have a house which has a kitchen ceiling that is exposed beams and tongue and groove boards all finished nicely. It was in the house when purchased but the kitchen addition has no insulation.

The roof above looks top have been reshingled recently but I don't think there is much gaps if any between the interior finished ceiling and the roof.

Is there any suggestions on ways to insulate it whilst still retaining the nice interior.

Reply to
spotty

You can insulate the top of the roof decking. This will definitely require removing the existing roofing.

Look into polyisocyanurate insulation bonded to OSB or ply. Here is some information:

house

don't

ceiling

retaining