EXPERTS or HANDYMEN!!! Removing paint

A red car enters a garage, and scratches against an interior concrete wall as it pulls in.
The car leaves some of its paint on the wall. How does a beginner remove the paint? Is it possible to do so without using harsh chemicals or sand blasters? Or is there a brand/product that I can put onto a cloth and simply wipe the paint off?
Please help! Thank you

Try a rag. If that doesn't get it, use a wire btush.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On Tuesday, August 12, 2014 1:00:04 AM UTC-4, newbie wrote:

Assuming the wall is unpainted concrete or cement block.
In order, what I'd try:
Wire brush?
Paint remover plus wire brush?
Either of those might leave a visible difference in the surface after the paint is gone. So, I'd try some area of wall that isn't easily visible first.
Wire brush, maybe. Or rough sandpaper. You could also try paint remover. (Methylene chloride. That's fumey, so I guess it qualifies as a "harsh chemical". But you wouldn't need to use very much.)
If there's not too much paint I'd try the sandpaper first. Or you could leave it. What does it matter that there's a paint streak in a garage?
|A red car enters a garage, and scratches against an interior concrete wall as it pulls in. | | The car leaves some of its paint on the wall. How does a beginner remove the paint? Is it possible to do so without using harsh chemicals or sand blasters? Or is there a brand/product that I can put onto a cloth and simply wipe the paint off? | | Please help! Thank you
Mayayana wrote:

I was wondering that. Most people worry about the concrete streak on the car. I'm with you and would try mechanical methods first. I'd worry about the methylene chloride based removers like StripEze dissolving the paint and carrying it into the porous concrete.
rbowman wrote:

I don't know how much paint to remove but I'd try sander with coarse paper. Belt sander/rotary sander. It'll leave mark but good as a reminder not to scratch wall again, LOL! I'd worry about the injured car more....
On 8/12/2014 9:09 AM, rbowman wrote:

Exactly. Even if the solvent removes the paint resin, colored inorganic pigments could be left behind. If a little streak is a problem OP might be better off painting garage wall.
On 8/12/2014 1:00 AM, newbie wrote:

Bare concrete? First, Formula 409 and hot water. That should do it. If not, try Magic Eraser. If bare concrete, even washable stuff might hide in the pits; use an old toothbrush to get at that. If that doesn't do it, buy some little bottles of acryllic craft paint (Walmart, Michaels), mix to match the concrete and dab on LIGHT COAT with a stencil brush. BTDT.