Expensive Plumber-Tell me if this isn't ridiculous

Page 2 of 2

hit him with the high quote so he could exit quickly with no hassle.
Tom G.

Tom,
I'm willing to go with your theory, and I'm thinking this thread could be exhibit A in your defense.
Dave
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

What's that part about "air was getting in the pipes" all about anyway?
Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia
(W1BSV + Brass Rat \'57 EE)

Maybe, this maybe that. Any plumber that would go to a residential job for a toilet complaint and does not have parts on the truck should not be doing the job anyway.

That is your guess. If he is running around that moch to do a small job, he is incompetant and should not do the job. This is a basic $80 to $100 job.

When I have work done, I always ask for the rate before I have them roll a truck. Honest contractors charge by the hour with a minimum show up rate usually one hour. + Materials used.