Expensive capacitor

Page 3 of 4
On 7/26/2015 7:34 PM, Muggles wrote:

I've had some success, to turn off the power to the AC. Rinse it from the back with a garden hose on fan spray (nozzle about two or three inches from the metal coils). Some times you can rinse a lot of dirt out, and the AC starts working again.
The real way is to take the AC outdoors, and take the cover off (lot of little screws). Use coil cleaner and various sizes of nylon brush and garden hose for rinsing.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 7/27/2015 6:58 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

We washed it out good. I'm crossing my fingers that doing that and plugging it into a dedicated circuit will solve the problem.
--
Maggie

On 7/26/2015 7:11 PM, Muggles wrote:

In my part of the world, yes, that's a very valid way to make metals disappear.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

collectors strike in the winter time. A person would wrap his garbage up like Christmas presents and park with the car unlocked in different parts of the city and when they came back the garbage/presents were gone.
On 7/27/2015 9:30 AM, Ralph Mowery wrote:

Now that's brilliant.
--
Maggie

On 7/27/2015 6:55 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Hey, we finally got one window unit to work. We cleaned it out, and also moved the location it was plugged in to. There is a dedicated circuit we used to use to plug outdoor lighting into, so we ran an outdoor heavy duty extension chord to it and plugged the AC into and it hasn't tripped. Kind of odd, though, cuz, it used to work fine in the receptacle it was plugged in to but kept tripping. So far it hasn't tripped and it's been running 45 minutes. Before it tripped after 10 minutes.
--
Maggie

On 7/27/2015 12:51 PM, Muggles wrote:

I sure hope that gives you years of good service. Perhaps you fixed what was wrong with it?
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 7/28/2015 6:34 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I sure hope so! :)
--
Maggie

On 7/27/2015 6:55 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I forgot to ask, did I see you post you were in New York? That would definitely be another part of the world for sure.
--
Maggie

On 7/27/2015 12:54 PM, Muggles wrote:

I'm in the western end of NYS. Two miles from me is a cow farm. A couple miles in the other direction, they farm for corn, and some farm for hay or wheat. Moo!
About 300 miles west of Lawn Guylan.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 7/27/2015 3:57 PM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

So, you have a farm too, or you're just in the middle of farm country? Sounds nice to me.
--
Maggie

On 7/27/2015 9:36 PM, Muggles wrote:

We have a wide range of housing, where I am. As it happens, I live in a trailer in a trailer park. Walking distance from me are apartments, and fourplex houses. And farther than that are stick built frame houses. About five miles away is a KOA full of campers.
But me, well, trailer with not enough insulation and too much clutter.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 7/28/2015 6:36 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Doesn't it get pretty cold in the winter where you live? Maybe the clutter actually helps with the insulation factor? As least that's what I hope for us. Everyone else here is a clutter bug, except for myself, of course. (hahaha!!)
--
Maggie

On 7/28/2015 10:05 AM, Muggles wrote:

Yes, it can get down near zereo F (minus 17c) in the winter. Cold enough that I don't want to go out for any reason. Hope the clutter helps with the heat, but I kind of doubt it.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 7/29/2015 6:51 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

Dress warm all the time indoors and outdoors and only change clothes like you've entered a speed contest when the heat has been turned up enough so most body parts won't freeze in the interim. Right?
--
Maggie

On 7/29/2015 12:03 PM, Muggles wrote:

That's pretty much the way of it. I've found that a humidifier is a huge help in the winter. Takes about two gal of water a day. I do what I can to keep the house vapor tight, but obviously the humidity is going some where.
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 7/29/2015 11:08 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

We run a humidifier in the winter, too, otherwise, it gets to dry.
--
Maggie

On 07/29/2015 12:05 PM, Muggles wrote:
[snip]

and the cats don't like it when it's too dry (static shock when petting cat).
--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/
On 7/29/2015 5:13 PM, Mark Lloyd wrote:

Forgot about static shock. I get zapped all the time like that when the humidity is low.
--
Maggie

Put a pan of water or teakettle on the stove. Not exactly rocket science.
nb