Expansion tank vs relief valve

Page 2 of 2

I was told expansion tanks should be replaced when you replace the HW tank.
Now that is a useful bit of information, I think I'll switch to an expansion tank system
cheers Bob
Combination pressure relief and ball valve ... http://wattsreg.com/pro/_productsFull.asp?pidV4&ref=1
Combination pressure relief and toilet ballcock... http://wattsreg.com/pro/_productsFull.asp?pid 5&ref=1
Both work well alone or in combination with a thermal expansion tank for "fail-safe" thermal expansion control.