Expanding garden hose -- to be avoided

Page 2 of 2

I'm pretty sure it would first expand and then squirt.

Since most of the expanding hoses are less than a year old, they totally would not care. Now, about 10 years from now, there might be a reaction (other than mass giggling and throwing crumpled paper at the pictures).
--
.
Christopher A. Young
On 10/30/2013 6:24 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I was a kid once but I was interested in science and anatomy and I often got into trouble for telling the girls how their bodies worked. ^_^
TDD

On 11/1/2013 12:27 AM, Tony944 wrote:

When I was 6 years old and started first grade, I had decided all adults were full of crap. My biggest mistake was letting the nuns know what I had surmised. o_O
TDD
On 10/26/2013 10:16 PM, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

Agree, that doesn't make much sense.
--
.
Christopher A. Young

And why would you expect an "as seen on TV" product to make sense????

There's a big difference between "not intended to" and "not built well enough to".
I can't imagine anyone selling a hose "not intended to" be shut off. It's simply "not built well enough to" be shut off.
On Sun, 27 Oct 2013 02:54:01 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

Are you kidding? The really cheap hardware store hoses are crappy thin vinyl and here in AZ if you "shut it off" like you are talking about and leave it in the hot sun for a while you risk a blowout. It's seems obvious to me, but apparently not to you, that the pocket hoses are intended for little more then doing some gentle watering or carport hose down as long as you don't block the end off causing it to blow up. In exchange for the light weight and compact size you give up strength. It isn't rocket science.

Why are you bringing up regional weather conditions and hardware store hoses as part of a discussion related to the what the sellers of a specific product intended it to be used for? We're not discussing the quality of the hose, which we all know is crap, we're discussing your statement that the hose was not intended to be left under full pressure, i.e. not intended to be shut off during use.

Did you watch even video I linked to?
Watch the commercials. Watch how they exaggerate all the problems with regular hoses. The tangles, the kinking, the weight, the pain to put away. Notice how they claim all of those problems will be solved with their incredible product. They are obviously implying that we should all replace our old pain-in-the-butt standard hoses with a product that has none of those problems. That also implies that their hose can be used for all of the tasks that you use a regular hose for.
Just look at the video I linked to. They use the hose to wash a muddy jeep. There's no proper way to wash a vehicle - especially in the hot sun - without turning the hose on and off multiple times. Do you really think that they "intend" that you to walk back to the spigot before and after each time you rinse off a new section?

That's true, but it's not the same thing as saying that the hose was "not intended to" be used like any other hose. They clearly show their "intent" by comparing their hose to regular hoses and by showing it being used for the same tasks.

No, it's crappy, gimmicky manufacturing to keep the price down.
On Sun, 27 Oct 2013 13:27:19 +0000 (UTC), DerbyDad03

When I say "intended" I mean by the people designing and specing and producing it. I have no doubt they all thought "this thing is a piece of crap that will explode if anyone shuts off the nozzle for more then a few seconds". Apparently I'm the only one not surprised that the SELLERS vastly exaggerated the benefits and ignore the obvious deficiencies of the hose. Yes, I did watch the video.
...snip...

I worry about people who have no doubt that they know what other people are thinking. I worry that their life might somehow intersect with mine. That's really scary.

On 10/27/2013 9:56 PM, DerbyDad03 wrote:

Yes, and those people he is mind reading might be in a whole different country, different culture, and different side of the planet.
--
.
Christopher A. Young