Excessive lint in house.

I'm finding what seems to me to be an excessive amount of what appears to be dryer lint throughout my house. The dryer vent is clean and OK. Any idea or what could be causing this. I'm beginning to think the only answer is to move the dryer out of the house.
If the vent hookup on the dryer is ok, then I doubt it is the dryer doing it. The inside of the dryer operates on negative pressure (air is sucked out of the drum and blown out of the house), so there is really no place for lint to escape except at the vent outlet. I always find more lint in the winter--do you have forced air heating?

be