Excessive Humidity from Crawl Space in the Morning

We have our door to the crawl space in the master closet, which is connected to the master bathroom, which in turn is connected to the master bedroom.

Since fall started, we noticed condensation appearing on the ceiling of the master closet and master bathroom, only in the morning. This condensation is present even before starting the shower, therefore I must assume it is coming from the crawl space.

Also only in the morning, there is condensation on the windows in the master bedroom and another room at the other end of the house.

We live in Utah which is a very dry climate.

The house was built in 1995 and has about 2200 sq feet. It is a two-story, with us living mainly on the first floor. We previously lived in a 2007 built house with similar square footage, 20 miles away from the previous house and had no such problems.

What is causing this problem and why is it happening only in the morning?

What can we do to fix the issue?

Thank you in advance.

-------------------------------------

Reply to
m124

There is no filled-in old waterway below the house? Btw, just before sun-up is the coldest part of the night, and might be part of the reason for condensing. Also, lack of ventilation in the bedroom area, and people adding their sweat/breath to the atmosphere, might be a reason.

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

mihai124_at_yahoo_dot snipped-for-privacy@foo.com (m124) wrote in news:43fc$4ccf1831$45499b77$ snipped-for-privacy@news.flashnewsgroups.com:

The condensation is likely to be on those parts that are most exposed to the cold in the early morning. What you see is a need to better insulate the ceiling of the master closet and master bathroom. In addition, you might need to add insulation and/or ventilation to the rooms with window condensation.

Reply to
Han

Most likely, the condensation originates from the soil in your crawl space. Just cover the soil in the crawl space with heavy duty (6 mil or more) plastic sheeting.

Walter

walter