eWave microwave carousel does not turn

I tried to get the bottom plate off the unit to view the carousel motor. I am unable to get this bottom plate off, if anyone can advise that would be great. I removed about five screws from the bottom but the plate does not budge.

I do not know if this model has a belt or direct drive, but wanted to see if anything is obvious like slipped belt or disconnected motor leads.

Thanks, MC

Reply to
Mister C

Hi,

Model#?

model# helps.

Most ( all? ) do not have belts any more for the turn table, some still have a belt for the convection fan.

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff

Are you sure you haven't turned off the turntable by mistake? Press the "turntable" pad and see.

Reply to
Curmudgeon

Hi All. Thanks for the responses so far. There is no "turntable" pad on the control panel. The model is EW13F1W

Thanks again. MC

Reply to
Mister C

Hi,

I couldn't find a parts breakdown for these microwaves. Many counter microwaves that I see have a "knockout" like panal in the middle of the bottom, use side cutters or tin snips to "clip-cut" the knockout pieces and the center part of the botton panal will come off to access the turn table motor. The piece you just cut out flips over to go back in place to cover the turn table motor and a screw is now required to hold it in place.

Hope this helps,

jeff. Appliance Repair Aid

jeff