everytime i flish the toilet water squits out of my basin at least a foot in the

everytime I flush the toilet, water from the basin squits up at least a foot from the drain in the basin sink. the toilet and basin sink are new and installed about six months ago but this problem just happened. I have a vessel sink, and I don"t know if this has anything todo with it or not. please help, I have to keep my sink drain covered with a towel to keep mywalls dry. thank you.
On Mon, 09 Sep 2013 00:44:01 +0000, charlotte

Are you sure it's a sink and not a bidet?
Take the hook out of your mouth.
On 9/8/2013 11:09 PM, Gordon Shumway wrote:

On Sun, 08 Sep 2013 22:09:27 -0500, Gordon Shumway

It's a bidet, not a drinking fountain!

A partial blockage in the sewer line might cause this situation. Depending on the layout of the plumbing, the sudden influx of water from the toilet can cause an air bubble to radiate backwards from the partial blockage and force water up and out of a nearby trap.
I've had roots in my sewer line that caused a partial blockage. When the 2nd floor toilet was flushed, the basement toilet (the closest trap to the outgoing sewer pipe) would gurgle and spit water. It was not a pleasant experience to be sitting on the toilet when this occurred.
As soon as the sewer pipe was snaked, the gurgling and spitting stopped.
On Sunday, September 8, 2013 7:44:01 PM UTC-5, charlotte wrote:

installed about six months ago but this problem just happened. I have a ve ssel sink, and I don"t know if this has anything todo with it or not. pleas e help, I have to keep my sink drain covered with a towel to keep mywalls d ry. thank you. -- posted from http://www.homeownershub.com/maintenance/ever ytime-i-flish-the-toilet-water-squits-out-of-my-basin-at-762718-.htm using HomeOwnersHub's Web, RSS and Social Media Interface to home and garden rela ted groups
What uis a vessel sink, I have been around a long time, but never heard of that. A sink is a sink unless it is something else!!!.

It is a type of sink. It looks like a bowl sitting on a cabinet rather than imbedded in the cabinet. Google it for pictures.

--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

A vessel sink is one of those new fancy-dancy sinks that sit on top of a vanity or shelf.
https://www.google.com/search?q=images%3A%20vessel%20sink

Just curious...
What's different about the tail pipe? Obviously there are specific gaskets and connectors for the specific sink being installed, but isn't a tail pipe a tail pipe?
On 09/09/2013 01:29 PM, snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net wrote:

It's long, lightweight, and has a good drain stopper. That's so that if your house is flooded, you can use the sink as a rowboat :-)
On Mon, 9 Sep 2013 11:29:47 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net"

One of the dumbest fads in recent memory.

It's such a dumb fad it's still single.
Really, they are dumb. Hard to clean and bathrooms don't mix, in my book.
On 9/8/2013 7:44 PM, charlotte wrote:

Has anyone noticed in the title "everytime i "fish" the toilet" ? ^_^
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

No, but I did notice "flish" and "squits".
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY
On 9/10/2013 9:48 AM, willshak wrote:

Oops! The print was too small for me to make out the "l" in flish. I suppose I was laughing so hard, I didn't notice "squits". O_o
TDD