Everything is new

Surveyed the house and found all the major appliances etc in good order:
List of everything under five years old:
Furnace Water heater Clothes drier Oven Microwave Refrigerator Toilet Windows
One thing missing from the above list:
1988 Whirlpool washing machine that has not once required service. Hope my posting here does not jinx it.
On Sunday, February 15, 2015 at 5:23:14 PM UTC-6, philo wrote:

40 years was average life on the old "Made in America" appliances. 6 to 10 years is now average on the "Made Anywhere except the USA" appliances.
On 02/15/2015 08:05 PM, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Many many years ago I took my daughter on a trip to England and just had to check out their appliances. The washers I saw were so poorly balanced that the base needed to be filled with bricks...it was part of the design.
At least the ones you get here...no matter where they are made...are at least balanced.