Even chines Q tips are junk quality:(

Page 2 of 2
On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 18:45:32 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

I wanted to try snorkeling so when in Florida, I did, and when I got out of the water, it felt like there was a big slimey sea slug in my ear. Not wanting to pull it out, and leave most of it in, I went as planned to another location and tried snorkeling again. The animal left.
Years later, there was a clicking in my ear, even 10 seconds or so. I thought an insect or another animal was in there, and a half dozen times I poured peroxide in my ear to kill it. But it survived. My friend couldn't see it, and she said it might be wax. She threatened me if I didn't go to the doctor -- I had no insurance then -- I would wake up one morning in excruciating pain. This had happened to someone she knew. So I bought a little tube of stuff meant to dissolve ear wax and used that a dozen times, waiting much longer than the instructions said. Only once did wax come out, and then only a little.
Then months later in my other ear, it sounded like popping popcorn, at the summit of the popping, especially if I turned my head down. I tried the wax drops on that too.
After about 6 months in one ear, and 2 months with the other ear, the noises stopped. Except one time, one click, a few weeks later, when I realized it was a eustachian tube tick, in each ear. All along. No insect, no wax.
That was 3 or 4 years ago and no noises since. Very strange.
On 4/22/2013 7:30 PM, micky wrote:

Back in the 80's I was living in a rural area and woke up one night with a crunching sound in my ear. I took a paper clip, straightened it out so I had the small loop on one end and carefully probed inside the noisy ear. An ant came out on the paperclip, she had been munching on my earwax. It was a unique experience. o_O
TDD
On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 19:56:22 -0500, The Daring Dufas

As long as you don't use a q-tip.

Sounds like it. I've had ants crawl over me, and now I'm going to worry even more about where they are going.

So did my mother, but she could see what she was doing. I can't.
I don't think she used q-tips on her own ears.
When she got to be about 85 she started getting wax remaining in her ears but prior to that it never built up. I'm told that's typical for people and cleaning isn't necessary.

They say elbows, but I know from experience that my finger can't get to my eardrum. Maybe if the ear canal were stuffed with wax or something, that would not be true, so maybe I should be more careful.

How can you do that if you're not putting anything smaller than your finger in your ear?

Ya' gotta be smarter than yer ear.

That's why *you* shouldn't be sticking stuff in your ears.
On Apr 23, 12:01 pm, snipped-for-privacy@attt.bizz wrote:

After swimming I tend to get ear infections:( Its been this way my entire life:(
Doctors look inside then clean the area, put in antibiotic salve, and have occasionally packed my ear with cotton material........
cleaning my ear prevents lots of pain

Only an idiot cleans his ears by sticking things in them. It's dangerous and *NOT* necessary,

I clean my ears by putting a stream of warm water in there. Started doing it myself when I could be trusted to not stick the bulb too deep Works fine, dries quick, no problems

ur

It's not difficult to tilt your head sideways while taking a shower and the result is the same.
On 4/21/2013 10:21 PM, bob haller wrote:

I'll shop the dollar store but not buy anything that is consumed or used as medicine. I've had a few dealings with Chinese manufacturers and some of them don't even know the full content of ingredients in their products.

Healh insurance can be really expensive, but I have something you can afford, Q-tip insurance. Only 15 dollars a year, and it will pay for your new Q-tips and any medical bills resulting from them.
A very good deal. Write me at misc 07 at big foot dot com (remove the blank spaces) and I will send you an iron-clad policy.
The policy is underwritten by Q-Tip of Omaha.