Even chines Q tips are junk quality:(

Page 1 of 2
I am 56 and always cleaned my ears with q tips, never had a problem tll my GF bought some from a dollar store..
It fell apart in my ear. checked other q tips from that package many just fell apart.
cost me 79 bucks to get a doctor to remove it, after i was unable to get it out... I dont currently have health insurance:(
most expensive box of q tips i ever bought:(
On Sunday, April 21, 2013 9:21:36 PM UTC-5, bob haller wrote:

Two points to make: they were not "Q-Tips" which is a brand name; and you're never suppose to put anything in your ear...just the outside of the ear opening. As any mother would tell you.
On 4/21/2013 9:35 PM, Bob_Villa wrote:

never suppose to put anything in your ear...just the outside of the ear opening. As any mother would tell you.

OK Mommy, my ears were itching bad a little while ago so I sprayed one end of each cotton swab with a generic Bactine and used it to clean out my ears. The pain killer and antiseptic put a stop to the itching and cleaned up any scratches caused by my fingernails when I was going nuts scratching my ears. ^_^
TDD
On Apr 21, 11:17 pm, The Daring Dufas <the-daring-du...@stinky- finger.net> wrote:

ar opening. As any mother would tell you.

I have used my dogs ear medicine, it works better than the human ear meds to fix ear infections....
On 4/21/2013 11:57 PM, bob haller wrote:

never suppose to put anything in your ear...just the outside of the ear opening. As any mother would tell you.

Woof! Woof! ^_^
TDD
Did you ask your dog's permission?
BTW, vet supply antibiotics are supposed to be made by the same places that make human grade.
. Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
I have used my dogs ear medicine, it works better than the human ear meds to fix ear infections....
bob haller wrote:

You'd be surprised at how effective pet meds can be on humans. Two that come to mind are Ampicillin (for fish), and Lactulose 10/15 (for kitties).
The latter (human dosage is 5ml) is a stool softener used to treat constipation. How it works is very interesting.
Lactulose is a sugar that cannot be digested by the human system. The bacteria in the large intestine, however, LOVE the stuff and eat it like crazy! In so doing, these bacteria call on the body for more water. More, more, more, they shout. Your body responds by flooding (well, almost) the large intestine with fluid thereby softening the stool and helping to relieve your constipation.
Lactulose is sold OTC in Europe and most of the world, but requires a prescription in the US. Go figure.
Yes, the Chinese have been sending us junk. I am as guilty as the next guy, I was in Harbor Freight recently, buying more flashlights. I can stop any time I want.
That's creative, with the cotton swab in antiseptic. I use hydrogen peroxide to loosen the ear wax.
. Christopher A. Young Learn more about Jesus www.lds.org . .
OK Mommy, my ears were itching bad a little while ago so I sprayed one end of each cotton swab with a generic Bactine and used it to clean out my ears. The pain killer and antiseptic put a stop to the itching and cleaned up any scratches caused by my fingernails when I was going nuts scratching my ears. ^_^
TDD
On 4/22/2013 6:33 AM, Stormin Mormon wrote:

I did have the ear drops containing glycerin and peroxide along with the rubber bulb used to squirt warm water into your ears to flush them out but now I'm seeing "WaxVac" ear wax vacuum cleaner for sale at drug stores and Wallymarts. ^_^
http://www.waxvac.com/
TDD
On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 07:15:28 -0500, The Daring Dufas

No no no. Look carefully. It's called a WaxVac, but that is the only** mention of wax in the advertisement. It never claims to remove wax, and the tv commericlals only show it picking up water and discrete dry particles

This ad shows someone trying to remove wax with a q-tip and failing, but a second later when they try again with the waxvac, the target is not wax anymore. The drawing shows separate things, not wax, and the voice-over changes from talking about harmful wax to "dirt paticles and water." **In this web-ad there is one more mention of wax, but not that it removes wax.

On 4/22/2013 10:24 AM, micky wrote:

Who cares, a number of people will be spending money on it and sticking the darn thing in their ears. ^_^
TDD
On 4/22/2013 11:24 AM, micky wrote:

I like the guy screaming "OW" when he shoves the q-tip in his ear. Maybe he should learn how to do it gently.
--
Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

my dad reports the ear vacuumn works well. like me his one ear is always clean, the other has lots of wax

How about sticking it up your ass? You can do that can't you? That's not too dangerous is it? Give it a try if your mother will let you.

When I was about four years old, my mother taught me "never stick anything smaller than your elbow inside your ear." ...

... and now you know why.

On 4/22/2013 5:08 AM, Doug Miller wrote:

Everyone knows that.
The OP needs to immediately disclose this dangerous practice to his health insurance company. He probably won't be able to get insurance anymore.
And also immediately disclose to the girl friend. She is likely to abandon the 'damaged goods'.
Disclosure is also required to future acquaintances. Why would they associate with anyone that can't even follow a mothers advice.

I have no health insurance currently.....

My mom always cleaned my ears with q tips, all the way in. So I am following my moms advice:)

Apple and trees. Dumb and dumber.

As one ages, the ear hairs grow denser and and no longer move earwax to the outside ear as well as a child's.
Geezer tips:
Never put anything smaller than yer finger in yer earhole. Let the hairs god gave you move the natural wax to yer outer ear. If you use q-tips in old age, possibility of driving earwax deeper in ear and compacting it. Digging out earwax plugs can be very painful.
Trim yer ear hairs! I've seen geezers with more hair in their ears than their entire head. Not only looks disgusting, but impairs that earwax caterpiller action yer ears do naturally.
nb --with clean earholes

So you stick pointy things in your ears, too?

Never put *ANYTHING* other than your elbow in your ear canal.

If you do that, you can't comb it over.

I've only had a problem once in my life (in college) and have never had to stick anything in my ear canals.