Evaporative cooling patio misters

Summer's here, and I'm thinking again about those misting nozzle systems for cooling the patio area. I'm looking into some sort of professional system, not your $29 toy store variety. I've researched these things enough to believe that any mister nozzle that's fine enough to work, is going to clog with mineral deposits from tap water in a very short time. So I'd like to feed the thing RO water. Anyone installed a system with a dedicated RO supply? I haven't done the calculations yet as far as GPM. Any recommendations or feedback on any aspect of this topic is welcome.

What is RO???
hr(bob) snipped-for-privacy@att.net wrote: ...

reverse osmosis I presume...
On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 11:27:12 -0700, Smitty Two

I don't think RO will provide enough water pressure?
A whole house filter would help with minerals, etc. and then occasionally change the filter as needed.
Sample: http://www.filtersfast.com/P-Culligan-HF-150-Whole-House-Water-Filter.asp
On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 12:59:16 -0700, Smitty Two

If so, find one with a clear case. Easily allows fast inspection.

Ro will expensive to do, Price out cost per gallon, A cheap inline filter and cleaning heads is once in a while is probably what you will end up doing.
You know I see people and many pro's to try invent something that is not new. However using mist water to cool is not for any place that Humidity goes perhaps over 40% RH and we all know that unless you living someplace in desert that will not be a case. So in my opinion you are playing with yourself! Sorry

Rectal Overflow.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

My wife wanted one of these systems. Nothing else would do. I commented that they caused white from evaporated water, and her comment was that she hadn't seen white in any of the restaurant areas that we had been to where they were used.
So, we got some. Fast forward a hundred bucks and a year later. White calcified markings all over the underside of our new steel awning that looks like shit. Clogged misters even though we used the filter. Cracked tubing even though we drained it for the winter.
That one is going elsewhere, out to my shop area, and I would never have another, or suggest that anyone buy or use them unless it is in a grassy area, or some other type of area where one would not care if it all got white from evaporated water.
And yeah, I hear all the arguments for reverse osmosis systems to provide pure water and all that, but now you're getting up into some real money for a huhdred or two hundred feet of misters, all the stuff that goes with them, plus the cost of a water purification system.
Just me, but I would never have another.
I'll never say I told you so, but I may say that I said that would happen.
Steve
Visit my site at http://cabgbypasssurgery.com

Does it have better water that behaves differently than "normal" cheaper water? Steve
Visit my site at http://cabgbypasssurgery.com
Expensive water might work better. Who knows? A customer and his money are soon parted.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

With comments like that you do not make a good presentation for Jesus or the Mormon Church
One man's opinion. So noted.
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

You get tagged out on second.
The OP needs water pressure for the misters.
Gee, Coach, and I was trying so hard!
(OP can get a cistern and RV type pump with pressure switch if needed.)
--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus