ETQ generators?

I just went to Northern Tools to buy a pair of gloves, and they have their ETQ IN1800i generator on sale for $200. That's the one with an inverter. Does anybody here have one? How crappy is it? :-)

I know it's not a Honda. I have a bigger Yamaha generator already, but the ETQ is smaller and lighter, and it has a switch to disable the smart throttle (if I want to power my table saw with the Yamaha I have to plug in a waffle iron along with it to get it off idle, otherwise it can't rev up fast enough to handle the starting current)

I'm really tempted at that price to go back and get it. Northern offers a 3 year extended warranty for $20, and I have a $20 off coupon...

-Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Frank

I don't even find that model on their site. They have an in1000 for $300, but I can't find an 1800. The reviews on it suck. It sounds like you're lucky if you get one delivered in one piece, and those that do work are screamers

Reply to
RBM

I saw the reviews. Most of them complained about the packing and shipping; generators arrived broken. I can pick this up right at the store and examine it before I take it home.

Chinese electronics and engine with no recognizable brand scares me a little. But if the exact same item said "Generac" or "Onan" (and also said "made in China") I dunno. For $200 including the 3 year in-store warranty, I'm awfully tempted.

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Check your local Craigslist first.

Reply to
HeyBub

On Wed, 29 Dec 2010 14:46:45 -0600, zxcvbob wrote Re Re: ETQ generators?:

Looks good to me. I would go for it at that price.

Reply to
Caesar Romano

No info on the inverter versions, but the little 2 cycle 800W-1000W units that sell for +/-$100 are reported to be remarkably decent units.

Reply to
Pete C.