esWell pressure SOMETIMES go down with house shut off?

If you have a schroder valve on the top of your pressure tank , push it if water comes out then you need a new tank. as water pressure is not held by the check valves just water is , remember the tank air is

2lbs less then the turnoff pressure you have the pump set at 30-50 air in tank 28 pounds . Check it first
Reply to
Jim

You've never heard of top posting either? *snicker*

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

Well...I suppose it would cause a bit of an excess expense but it would be rather hard to measure. I don't see the "hammer" problem as there is (or should be) an air bubble in the tank to absorb it. Without thebubble you will get a very bad hammer repeatedly untill you shut the pump off - BTDT with a pretty well worn out shallwell pump. Doesn't have anything ot do with a vacuum though, just proof that you can't compress a liquid...at least in real world pressure systmes. Sure does give one a clue as to the cause of the problem! :)

Harry K

Reply to
harry k

Or just add more air into the tank...it will have to be done regualarly though. It is also not recommended as a blown diaphragm can trap stagnant water that can contaminate the good stuff.

That 2psi seems to be the standard although some tanks (mine inculded) say 'the same as cut-on (mine is at 2psi below). Somehow I can't wrap my mind around how the pump wouild ever cut in with that much pressure already in the tank.

Harry K

Reply to
harry k

Very minor point: No, it doesn't matter that much that there's a vacuum, only that the pipe is partially "empty". The vacuum is just the reason for it being empty. Although, if it were empty because of an air leak, you would have other problems.

Reply to
Larry The Snake Guy