Estimating brick wall cost

Hello folks.
My wife and I have a home with an old (rotting) wooden/chainlink fence and dirt yard. We are in the process of planning some upgrades, specifically a solid brick wall with iron gates and an asphalt patio.
I will be touching base with some contractors and brick companies this week, but in the mean time can anyone give me an idea of how I can estimate the cost? I know it will depend on our choice of brick, labor, etc., and I estimate that we will need approximately 833 square feet of brick wall built (not including the footer or iron gates). Any way for me to estimate cost? Even a ballpark would do at this point.
Thanks.
Jason Wagner wrote:

uninionized..... dont know what it is in your area, but the labor just on the bricks will kill you... not mentioning the cost of bricks... they used to be $80 per thousand back in the 70's, then they went up to $200 in the 80's,, dont know what they are now...depending on the size of the fence, it might cost more than the house....................
jim wrote:

Don't know if it would look OK for you but it's possible to build a wood fence and stucco it. You might be able to put a brick cap on that.
Recently had brick work done in Dallas. Price for a good job (replacing brick veneer on a single story home) was $250/1,000 bricks plus cost of brick.
RB
Jason Wagner wrote:

Before you even think about Brick, learn what is involved at the following site otherwise you it will probably fall apart in 10 years:
http://www.bia.org /
Read all of their relevant technical documents and specify you want it done that way in your contracts and then make sure someone is watching to check the work.