Estimating brick wall cost

Hello folks.

My wife and I have a home with an old (rotting) wooden/chainlink fence and dirt yard. We are in the process of planning some upgrades, specifically a solid brick wall with iron gates and an asphalt patio.

I will be touching base with some contractors and brick companies this week, but in the mean time can anyone give me an idea of how I can estimate the cost? I know it will depend on our choice of brick, labor, etc., and I estimate that we will need approximately 833 square feet of brick wall built (not including the footer or iron gates). Any way for me to estimate cost? Even a ballpark would do at this point.

Thanks.

Reply to
Jason Wagner

the cost of brickworkers is pretty high, they are skilled workers and uninionized..... dont know what it is in your area, but the labor just on the bricks will kill you... not mentioning the cost of bricks... they used to be $80 per thousand back in the 70's, then they went up to $200 in the 80's,, dont know what they are now...depending on the size of the fence, it might cost more than the house....................

Reply to
jim

Recently had brick work done in Dallas. Price for a good job (replacing brick veneer on a single story home) was $250/1,000 bricks plus cost of brick.

RB

Jas> Hello folks.

Reply to
RB

Before you even think about Brick, learn what is involved at the following site otherwise you it will probably fall apart in 10 years:

Read all of their relevant technical documents and specify you want it done that way in your contracts and then make sure someone is watching to check the work.

specifically a

estimate the

estimate cost?

Reply to
Art Begun

Don't know if it would look OK for you but it's possible to build a wood fence and stucco it. You might be able to put a brick cap on that.

Reply to
Paul Furman