Estimate amount of mortar

Anyone know how to estimate the amount of mortar (not including sand or other filler) needed to build an 8x8x16 cinder block wall 30 ft long, 4 ft high?

-chib

Reply to
chibiabos

The number of blocks per bag ought to be written on the bag.

Reply to
Goedjn

Translation: Nobody here knows.

After a bit of research, I found the answer myself. An expert mason can butter about twenty 8x8x16 cinder blocks with one 60 lb. bag of spec mortar. I'm running about 160 blocks. That's eight bags. I bought ten because I'm not an expert, and I can always get one or two more if I need them.

-chib

Reply to
chibiabos