ESA-SAFE inspection

Page 3 of 3
On Sat, 31 Oct 2015 23:55:59 -0400, "Ralph Mowery"

That's fine with only 2 wires. What about 3 or 4?? And even with 2 - one being stranded and one copper, they "admit" they are just wrapping the stranded around the solid - which would allow the solid to be pulled out of the joint if the nut was to loosen AT ALL.
Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

--------------------------------------------------------- This message has been cleaned by MessageCleaner.exe v2.17 http://www.RoundhillSoftware.com/MessageCleaner?HFMdqUjAW ---------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------- This message has been cleaned by MessageCleaner.exe v2.17 http://www.RoundhillSoftware.com/MessageCleaner?HFMdqUjAW ---------------------------------------------------------

These were the ones sent to me by Wago. I've used them with no problems but the pros weren't interested; even for free... I showed them to the AHJ and he looked at the UL listing and stated okay to use.
--
Tekkie

I have noticed that too. I go to trade lunch/meetings and the reps will go around tossing these on the tables. After lunch, probably half of the free samples are still sitting there.
I have a bunch ;-)
I still find myself using regular wire nuts tho. It is hard to break old habits and abandon things you trust.

UL isn't ULC though - and up here it's ULC or CSA or tear it out and do it again.

Yes.
On Saturday, October 31, 2015 at 12:03:21 PM UTC-4, TimR wrote:

I haven't had one actually fail, but I opened a receptacle box while splitting my garage off of the basement circuit and found the wire nut for the hot wires melted and deformed. These were the feed wires for the garage.
I had to cut the wire nut off since it had melted around the wires and wouldn't spin off. There's no way to know when it got hot enough to melt the wire nut. That was the first time I opened the box after living there for about 5 years.

Call the companies up and ask for the jobbers and dealers or ask for samples. They may just send them through the mail. I had a company do that to me. In fact I got a bag of 25 of each of the connectors I inquired about. I still have 80% left because the sparkys around here use what they have always used and they ain't changin' now. The ones I have will not work for you. Do you have Scotchlocks available?
Get in touch with John Grabowski or Greg Fretwell they know the scoop and will help. I like to volunteer people...
--
Tekkie

Scotchloks are not approved for aluminum up here. The ireal twisties are, but I won't use them.
I ended up finding a box of the ACS65s at Westburne this morning. Smallest box? 100. Cost? ^$59.71 plus GST - total $67.48 I won't be running out of them for a while!!! A friend is going to have to do the same thing on his house, so he'll make use of a few,

at

out.

or

There you go. You could now set up a web biz and sell small quantities (at outrageous prices-most will scream here). Or you could contact the local Sparkys and let them know you got them. Call yourself sparkles connector...
--
Tekkie

Just waiting for the breakers to show up now - have the bathroom outlets and the outdoors all finished ready for inspection - and I took pictures with my cell phone as I went so the inspector can see what I did without having to remove the extremely well sealed in-use weatherproofs that are a royal pain to install tight on a rug brick exterior.