Epoxy putty to repair leaky pipe?

Hello, looking for some advice here - I have a water pipe outside of my house under a deck which leads to the hose we use for the backyard. Last year it was cracked and a plumber fixed it by replacing the leaky portion. This year it's leaking again. Rather than use a plumber or replace the cracked portion, I was thinking of patching it with epoxy putty (along the lines of mighty putty but a generic version from a hardware store). Is this a really bad idea? Thanks!

Pay now or pay later. Epoxy may get you by for awhile, but it sounds like the plumbing run needs to be reengineered. Is it getting frozen, frost-heaved, corroding, or what? The plumber should have advised you of what was likely causing the problem, and a permanent cure. Any exterior pipe run and sillcock like that should have an inside valve to shut it off, and some way to drain it when cold weather is forecast.
-- aem sends...